In order to implement a holistic development and evaluation environment for connected vehicle systems the following activities are pursued within CERM:
- Extension of the “Aldenhoven Testing Center” with globally relevant communication technologies (e.g. V2X, DSRC, LTE etc.) including the specific assessment of errors (e.g. availability, communication, functional safety etc.)
- Installation of a modular intersection tool box with variable buildings, traffic signals, road markings etc.
- Development of a portable reference sensor system to track the behaviour of all traffic participants (vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists etc.) at an intersection
- Definition of a systematic approach to validate and evaluate innovative connected technologies such as cooperative assistance systems
- Increase efficiency in development and validation using CERM tools
- Ensure a reproducible assessment of systems